When you make a booking, you'll receive an email with detailed instructions on where the vehicle is located (if you don't have access to email, just give us a call!) If you have trouble finding the car, just give us a call and one of our team members will be happy to help.
When you arrive at the vehicle, just present your SmartCard to the card reader on the windscreen to unlock the doors and you can be on your way in seconds. The card reader is located on the driver's side bottom corner of the windscreen. Some of our cars do not require keys; they have a 'Start' button located beside the steering wheel. For the ones that do have keys, you'll find them in the car. Now you're ready to drive!
Once you have finished using the car just return it to its original spot. Make sure you return the key to its placeholder and turn off all accessories, then hold your SmartCard over the card reader in order to lock the doors. Always check that the car is fully secured with all doors and windows fully closed.
Driving a GreenShareCar is pretty much like driving any other car, but here's a few tips to avoid problems:
- There's a User Manual in every vehicle with instructions on how to deal with almost any problem that could come up. You don't have to read it cover to cover, but it's a good idea to know what's in there in case you get stuck.
- Make sure to check for damage before driving away; just a quick walk around the vehicle to ensure it's in good condition.
- The car will not start if you're not logged in, so make sure that you can see your booking on the screen before turning the key.
- Always leave the key in the vehicle, use your SmartCard to lock and unlock the vehicle throughout your reservation.
- We ask that everybody leave the fuel tank at least 1/2 full for the next driver, to be courteous. Penalties may apply if the tank is less than 1/2 full. Check the User Manual for instructions on refueling.
- Nobody likes getting into a messy car, so please take your rubbish with you when you're done your trip. Penalties may apply if you leave the vehicle messy.
Quick Guide Member User Agreement